Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com

Chicken Soup

Chicken Soup enhanced amongst flavor from fresh marjoram as well as left over chicken gravy.

Anyone who was born afterward World War II, from 1946 to 1964 had 1 or both parents who suffered through the Great Depression of the 1930's. I am a babe boomer. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 kid of a bring upwards who lived during the Great Depression. Hence, inwards our domicile nosotros oftentimes heard the expression: "waste not, desire not". That rung truthful inwards most of the households of my babe boomer friends. People did non waste matter anything. This lesson I learned ages agone has carried through amongst me my whole life as well as inwards plow I tried to overstep that along to my children. It is amongst "waste not, desire not" coursing through my veins that I proceed to plow "left-overs" into some other meal. This Chicken Soup is a prime number example.

In house of fresh parsley or a fleck of rosemary, I diverted a fleck as well as used a dissimilar herb inwards this soup: marjoram. I needed marjoram for my Italian Meatballs amongst Marjoram this by weekend as well as what I had left I used inwards this soup. Fresh marjoram has been described equally having a delicate, almost floral odour to it as well as is oftentimes swapped out for the zestier, peppery as well as lemon fresh herb oregano. I merely adore the subtle flavor this herb imparts inwards the soup.

Figuring out the justice cost, I left off the toll of the chicken equally it was used inwards some other dinner. And you lot can't crunch the terminal cost!


  • left over rotisserie chicken
  • 4-5 cups water
  • 1 - 48 oz. box chicken broth
  • 1 loving cup left over gravy
  • 1 lb. carrots - sliced
  • 4 stalks celery - sliced
  • 1 medium sized onion - diced small
  • 2 tbsp. dried parsley
  • salt to taste
  • black pepper to taste
  • pinch poultry seasoning
  • 4 stems of marjoram - leaves removed as well as chopped fine (about a tablespoon)
  1. Remove the whatsoever remaining peel from your rotisserie chicken as well as house it inwards a stock pot. Add inwards the box of broth as well as plenty H2O to almost embrace the chicken.
  2. Add some common salt as well as simmer for almost an hr or longer. Remove the carcass as well as drain inwards a colander over some other pot. Let it cool down.
  3. Pull off all the expert meat from the chickens carcass as well as die up.
  4. Slice your carrots as well as celery. I used a blade inwards my nutrient processor to arrive quick work.
  5. Dice your onion. Again I used my nutrient processor as well as pulsed it until small.
  6. Add the vegetables to the broth along amongst the cooked chicken as well as the gravy. Mix well.
  7. Then add together inwards the parsley, common salt as well as dark pepper along amongst the poultry seasoning as well as the marjoram. Mix well.
  8. Allow this to produce as well as simmer for almost ii hours amongst your lid tilted to allow some steam escape.
  9. Taste as well as arrange for to a greater extent than seasonings. Serve.
Prep time: xv minutes
Cook time: iii hours
Serves: 10-12
Cost: exactly about $6.74, serving 10 for 67¢ or 12 for 56¢ each

Anytime you lot accept left over poultry, think soup! For me Chicken Soup is full comfort nutrient as well as what I savor most when the cooler weather condition starts. I accept lots of wonderful soup recipes hither on the spider web log for you lot to cheque out. And shout out upwards also that soup also freezes well.


Bright bluish autumn skies, crisp air as well as it's rather chilly today which agency I'll hold upwards having some other bowl of this delicious Chicken Soup.



TO PIN (Longer)


Terima kasih telah membaca artikel tentang Chicken Soup di blog dr.lechozz jika anda ingin menyebar luaskan artikel ini di mohon untuk mencantumkan link sebagai Sumbernya, dan bila artikel ini bermanfaat silakan bookmark halaman ini diwebbroswer anda, dengan cara menekan Ctrl + D pada tombol keyboard anda.

Artikel terbaru :

Mas Sehat | Blog Tentang Kesehatan | Mas Sehat ~ Blog Tentang Kesehatan | www.mas-sehat.com